Friday, January 06, 2006

What is my mission?

I suffer from the ailment of not knowing what is my path. Or at least, I suffer from thinking that there is such a thing as finding 'your path'.

I am pretty sure a lot of people suffer from the same thing in this day and age. In silence. Unlike the whinny me.

You see, I am reading the new Paulo Coelho book 'the Zahir' which is his fantasist auto-biography of sorts. In it, so many references to 'instinct' and 'risk' and 'success' that it makes me think: "what is my own path", How come I haven't been able to find it? What did he do that I didn't?

Is there such a thing as a path, and one thing that one excels at? Or is there multiple possibilities, and it is often the fact that we have to make a choice that kills us!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Know what you mean!

Another question - how do you follow what hint of a "your path" that you may have and manage to live it yet manage a living?

And yes, that having to make a choice thing is definitely a killer! (at least for some. then there are those people who seem to be magnetically driven in that singular focus, whatever it may be)

Although, there's another factor, like that nagging doubter voice inside saying your foolish to even consider that you loon! echoing the voices of those around you.

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember questioning myself about my mission in this life, my purpose, or how you wish to call it, for many years.

Lately I realized that the path is often only recognizable looking backwards. While I was walking everything seemed foggy and chaotic, but later I could distinguish a direction.

So nowadays I try to live the moment the best I can: love a lot, smile a lot, aim at respecting ethical principles I believe in and not worry too much...meaning will arise. :)

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home